Age of Heroes – Oct 19th, 2011
– New skills and fine tuning of Aran. Evan, and Dual Blade classes
– Character rebalancing and fine tuning
– New Area: Door of the Future (Level 160+ area)
– New Boss more pro then Pink Bean
– New level 140+ equipment sets.
Age of Artisans & Age of Battle – Nov 9th, 2011
– Players will be able to Gather Plants and Minerals, practice Alchemy (creating potions), as well as craft Equipment and Accessories.
– PvP (Survival, Team Match) comes to MapleStory!
Ice Knight – Nov 23rd, 2011
– PvP (Ice Knight Mode) Party up with fellow Maplers to defeat the Ice Knight or even become the Ice Knight!
Chaos sweeps over Maple World and a new age is dawning. Heroes find new strength, old friends find their voice, and some of us may find a way to save the future!
Welcome to the Age of Heroes!
Fight the Future!
The Gate to the Future is open! Travel from the Temple of Time to a time of terror. Henesys is in ruins and the Empress Cygnus is a feared foe. Explore an all-new area, and face down friends-turned-foes in the hardest challenges ever seen in Maple World!
*Open to characters level 160 and higher.
New Strength for Old Heroes!
Forget everything you know about Aran, Evan, and Dual Blades. With new skills and improved game balance, these three classes return on Oct 19th more powerful than ever!
This update will focus on skill balancing and will mark the return of Dual Blade and the two heroes Aran and Evan. Everyone will be able to create a Dual Blade character again, but this is limited for the Winter season only.
Dual Bladers will be improved and will receive several new skills such as Blade Fury (left), Vital Steal and Phantom Blow (right).
The Aran class will come back with a new look, stronger and better. Arans will receive new skills like Combo Judgement. Combo Judgement can attack multiple enemies by dropping a giant axe. Monsters hit by the giant axe are frozen and will be suffering from damage over time.
A skill that can create an instantaneous combo count and more.
Some skills were moved to an earlier job advancement and had their combo count required changed.
The second hero that makes his comeback in the ‘Chaos’ update is Evan. The attacking speed of Evan was greatly improved. Along with Aran and Dual Blade, Evan got a bunch of new skills as well.
– Dragon Blink: Teleports you to a random location in the map.
– Dragon Sparking: With a certain success rate, you can deal extra damage. (The skill looks like Paralyze, look carefully in the video because it’s there)
– Protection of the Onyx: For a period of time, you can give you and your party members extra avoidability.
– Will of the Onyx: For a period of time, you can prevent yourself getting knock-backed from a monster’s attack and able to attack with your body.
Even if you can defeat the Empress, don’t expect her to go silently. Voiceovers in the Cygnus and Chief Knights battle as well as in the Lion King’s Castle will forever change the way you communicate with NPCs in Maple World.
Chaos is a time of change and uncertainty in Maple World. Alliances have become strained and broken and Maplers will soon begin turning on each other. The most important ally you can have now is yourself.
While training for combat is an important part of making it through Chaos unscathed, it won’t be enough. Become the self-sufficient, holistic Mapler you need to be in the tough days ahead with the new Professions and Traits Systems!
Once your character has reached level 30 and has gone through the 2nd Job Advancement, you may choose to begin a Profession. To start, you will need to head to Ardentmill, where the Profession Masters reside. Ardentmill can be accessed by passing through the portal labeled “Crafting Town” in most towns on Victoria Island and many other towns throughout Maple World.
Professions are divided into two categories: Harvesting and Crafting. The Harvesting skills are prerequisites to the Crafting skills, and essentially provide you with the means to gather the materials you will need for Crafting.
Harvesting consists of Herbalism and Mining.
- : Allows you to gather flowers and seeds to create herbal oil which you can use in item and potion production.
- – To learn Herbalism, you must talk to NPC Saffron, who will ask for a small fee and then lead you through a tutorial and a short quest in order to gain the skill.
- – Herbalism is the prerequisite for learning Alchemy.
- : Allows you to gather gems and ores to create refined ores which you can use to craft items and potions.
- – To learn Mining, you must talk to NPC Cole, who will ask for a small fee and then lead you through a tutorial and a short quest in order to gain the skill.
- – Mining is the prerequisite for learning Smithing and Accessory Crafting.
Once you have learned either Herbalism or Mining, you will be able to take on one Crafting skill — Smithing, Accessory Crafting, or Alchemy.
- : Allows you to create various armors and weapons using refined ore.
- – To learn Smithing, you must first learn Mining, then speak to NPC Gere.
- : Allows you to create various pendants, shoulder accessories, rings and other trinkets using refined ore.
- – To learn Accessory Crafting, you must first learn Mining, then speak to NPC Intaglio.
- : Allows you to create buff potions and transformation potions using herb oil.
- – To learn Alchemy, you must first learn Herbalism, then speak to NPC Ally.
Once you have learned Smithing, Accessory Crafting, or Alchemy, get started putting your new Production skills to use! Press the B key to see the items you can create as well as the materials (and sometimes recipes) required for each. To begin, you will need to head to the machine that corresponds to your particular skill.
- • For Smithing, go to the Large Forge behind Gere.
- • For Accessory Crafting, head over to the Large Gem Crafting Machine behind Intaglio.
- • For Alchemy, head to the large Magic Book behind Ally.
Harvesting and crafting are hard work! As you complete Profession activities you will accumulate Fatigue Points. Once you have met your daily Fatigue Point quota, you will no longer be able to work on your Professions. Worry not, artisans! Fatigue Points are reset daily at 12 AM (+8 GMT). Your Fatigue Points will also be reduced by five each hour, and for the truly eager Mapler, Fatigue Reset Coupons are available in the Cash Shop.
You may access and track your progress in your Professions by clicking the B key. If you wish to remove a Profession skill, you will need to return and speak to the respective Profession Master from which you learned it.
You now have the power to forge your own future, Maplers!
In this time of Chaos, a Mapler’s strength is nothing unless it is backed by strength of character. Once you reach level 30, you can build your character’s personality with the new Traits System!
The system is comprised of six stats: Ambition, Insight, Willpower, Diligence, Empathy and Charm. Each stat can be obtained and improved by completing different non-combat quests and activities, and provide helpful boosts to your character.
- – Increased by defeating boss monsters.
- – Effect: Increases your Attack for Battle mode.
- – Increased by mining gems and ores and using Magnifying Glasses.
- – Effect: Increases your Accuracy and Avoidability and allows you to check Hidden Potential items without the use of Magnifying Glasses.
- – Increased by the amount of time spent logged in, as well as by completing party quests.
- – Effect: Increases Weapon Defense and Magic Defense, and builds resistance to abnormal status effects.
- – Increased by making items.
- – Effect: Increases scroll success rates and doubles mastery gain.
- – Increased by gathering herbs.
- – Effect: Increases your Max MP and Quest EXP.
- – Increases in relation to Fame and by equipping special items.
- – Effect: Adds a Pocket slot to the Equip Inventory and gives a Facial Expression Cash Item.
Each Trait has 100 levels, and like Professions, you can track your progress by clicking the B key. Data relating to your Traits is located on the right-hand side of the window.
Ardentmill is the town where you can learn harvesting and crafting professions, and where you can purchase items related to these professions. You can reach Ardentmill by using the portal labeled “Crafting Town”, which is located in most towns.
* Grant is the village elder, who allows you to learn professions.
* Saffron teaches Herbalism.
* Cole teachese Mining.
* Ally teaches Alchemy.
* Gere teaches Smithing.
* Intaglio teaches Accessory Crafting.
* Nack sells items necessary for crafting and tickets to the Secret Herb Patch/Mine.
* Ramsey and Angelica sell new recipes.
Requirement: Lv.30 or higher with 2nd job advancement
* There are two categories of professions: harvesting and crafting.
* There are two harvesting professions: Herbalism and Mining.
* There are three crafting professions: Alchemy, Smithing, and Accessory Crafting.
* Learning Herbalism is a requirement before you can learn Alchemy.
* Learning Mining is a requirement before you can learn Smithing or Accessory Crafting.
* After learning a profession, you can unlearn it through that profession’s master. Your level of mastery in that profession will return to zero if you choose to unlearn it.
* Herbalism allows you to gather seeds and flowers which are located in Saffron’s Secret Herb Patch in Ardentmill and some hunting maps. It also allows you to use those to create items needed for Alchemy.
* Mining allows you to gather ores which are located in Cole’s Secret Mine in Ardentmill and some hunting maps. It also allows you to refine ores to create items needed for Smithing and Accessory Crafting.
* Alchemy allows you to create buff potions and transformation potions using herb oil.
* Smithing allows you to create weapons and armor using refined ore. You can eventually learn how to make an Android companion.
* Accessory Crafting allows you to create equipment items such as rings, pendants, and shoulder accessories using refined ore.
* Using your profession earns you experience in that profession in order to raise its mastery level. Higher levels of mastery enable you to harvest or craft better items.
* Some items for further crafting can’t be made. Some can be bought from Nack, Ramsey, or Angelica in Ardentmill, others are dropped by monsters.
* The Production Skill menu is set to the B key by default.
You will gain Fatigue Points while performing profession skills. If your Fatigue Point meter fills up, you won’t be able to use profession skills again for a little while. You can reduce your Fatigue points by using certain potions sold by Nack in Ardentmill or by using a Fatigue Reset Coupon from the Cash Shop. Your Fatigue Points will also reduced by five each hour, and they will be completely reset to 0 each day at 12 AM Pacific.
The professions system gives you more ways to expand your character’s traits. Traits allow you to increase certain abilities of you characters, and they can be leveled up. The traits are: Ambition, Empathy, Insight, Willpower, Diligence, and Charm. You can view your traits in the Character Info menu or in the Production Skill menu if you are Lv.30 or above. Each trait has 100 levels. Here are some ways to raise your traits.
* Ambition: Increase it by hunting boss monsters. Effect: Increases your Attack for Battle Mode.
* Empathy: Increase it by harvesting herbs. Effect: Increases your Max MP and your Quest EXP.
* Insight: Increase it by mining. Effect: Increases your Accuracy and Avoidability and allows you to check the Hidden Potential of items without using a Magnifying Glass.
* Willpower: Increase it by participating in party quests. Effect: Increases Weapon Defense and Magic Defense, and builds resistance to abnormal status effects.
* Diligence: Increase it by crafting. Effect: Increases scroll success rates and doubles profession mastery gain.
* Charm: Increase it by gaining fame, equipping Cash equipment, changing your hair or face style, or changing your hair, eye, or skin color. Effect: Gives quests to add a Pocket slot to your Equip Inventory, to gain special items, and to gain Facial Expression Cash Item. You can purchase Pocket Items from Nave in Henesys Market.
* Raising your level in a trait will eventually unlock quests that will reward you with medals specific to that trait.
Item Pot and Imps
* The shortcut for your Item Pot is the Y key by default.
* The Item Pot can contain herbs, ore, or an Imp that can be obtained from monsters over Lv.20.
* There are two types of Imps: Orange Imps and Gemstone Imps.
* Double click an Imp in your item inventory to raise it in an Item Pot.
* Imps grow by eating equipments that are of a level similar to you or by eating monster drops.
* Feeding an Imp will raise its Closeness for a set duration.
* You can gain rewards by successfully raising an Imp. Better rewards are given for higher Closeness points.
* Double click on the fully grown Imp to put it in your item inventory.
* When your Imp gets sick, you can purchase a cure from Nack in Ardentmill.
Age of Battle – Player-vs-Player!
– Fight fellow Maplers in Battle Mode to earn EXP, Battle Points, and bragging rights!
– Trade in Battle Points for Gallant Emblems which can be exchanged for Battle Mode items – just like Monster Carnival!
– Enter combat in the new zone Battle Square featuring unique fighting maps.
– In Battle Mode, game rules are modified to ensure a fair playing field for all.
– There are four leagues of competition based on your character’s level.
Two Ways to Battle
What is Ice Knight?
Upon entering Ice Knight mode through Battle Square, one player will be chosen at random to be the Ice Knight. The remaining players are placed on the same team to challenge the Ice Knight. Ten players are required to initiate Ice Knight mode.
Become the Ice Knight!
If you are chosen as the Ice Knight, you will be given immense power. Your strength will prevent the other players from knocking you back, and you will be able to perform a double jump that covers great distances.
As the Ice Knight attacks its enemies, the Ice Gauge will grow, represented by a number of slots. As the Ice Gauge fills up, the Ice Knight can perform a variety of devastating skills:
• Ice Chop – Swing your frosty axe to attack multiple enemies and knock them back. Cost: 5 slots.
• Ice Smash – Raise your sword to attack and freeze many foes. Cost: 20 slots.
• Ice Tempest – Cast an ice storm as an area-of-effect for continuous damage. Cost: 40 slots.
• Ice Panic – Have a chance to transform one or more enemies into snails. Cost: 60 slots.
Can you defeat the ferocious Ice Knight? To succeed, you must combine your strength – up to 9 players can band together and share HP & MP pots to take on the Ice Knight. But, you must be quick! If after 10 minutes the Ice Knight still lives, then you have failed.
* All changes apply to both new and existing characters.
* All jobs: The Maker skill has been removed in preparation for the crafting system that will be introduced in the upcoming Age of Artisans update.
* All 1st, 2nd, and 3rd job skills are received by default when making those job advancements.
* Required combo counts for some skills have been lowered.
* Commands for some skills have been changed.
* The numeric values and Master Level of some skills have been changed.
* Most of the skill damage has been readjusted.
* Combo Ability now also increases movement speed.
* Combo Smash was moved to 1st job, its Master Level was reduced to 10, and its damage was lowered. New required combo count: 15.
* Snow Charge has been moved to 2nd job.
* Combo Fenrir has been moved to 2nd job, and its damage was lowered.
* Combat Step’s Master Level has been reduced to 5.
* Body Pressure’s Master Level has been reduced to 10.
* Final Charge’s Master Level has been reduced to 20.
* Final Toss’ Master Level has been reduced to 20.
* Combo Recharge is a new 3rd job skill. It instantly boosts the combo count. Master Level: 20
* Cleaving Blows is a new 3rd job skill. It ignores a portion of the enemy’s Defense and decreases the amount of damage that is dispersed when attacking multiple enemies. Master Level: 20
* Combo Judgment is a new 3rd job skill. It drops a giant axe on enemies and frozen enemies will receive damage over time. Required combo count: 100. Required skill: Combo Fenrir Lv.20. Master Level: 20
* Sudden Strike is a new 4th job skill. It allows Final Charge and Final Toss to be used without a preceding combo and increases their damage. Master Level: 10
* The casting speed for all skills has been increased.
* The damage of all skills have been readjusted based on the casting speed enhancement.
* The numeric values and Master Level of some skills have been changed.
* The performance and effect of some skills have been adjusted.
* Lightning Bolt can now attack up to 3 enemies.
* Magic Flare now has a chance to Stun enemies.
* Dragon Thrust now performs 3 hits.
* Killer Wings now has added damage over time. Its Master Level has been reduced to 10.
* Slow has been moved to 5th growth.
* Magic Shield’s Master Level has been reduced to 10.
* Phantom Imprint’s damage and duration have increased. Its Master Level has been reduced to 10.
* Recovery Aura – the amount of MP recovered and the duration of the aura have been increased. Its Master Level has been reduced to 10.
* Dragon Fury’s activation condition has been changed to 50-100% when mastered, and the bonus Magic ATT it gives has been decreased. Its Master Level has been reduced to 5.
* Blessing of the Onyx – the Magic ATT boost can now be used in conjunction with other buff skills. Master Level has been reduced to 25.
* Blaze now attacks one enemy 3 times.
* Soul Stone – when mastered the effect will be applied on up to 5 party members. The effect applies to the whole party when used in conjunction with Combat Orders.
* Dragon Blink is a new 6th growth skill. It teleports you to a random location in your current map. Master Level: 10
* Dragon Spark is a new 7th growth skill. It has a chance to do an additional attack, similar to the Warrior and Bowman skill Final Attack. Master Level: 10
* Onyx Shroud is a new 8th growth skill. It raises the Avoidability of party members. Master Level: 20
* Onyx Will is a new 10th growth skill. It raises Knock-back resistance and enables Body Attacks against monsters. Master Level: 20
* The damage calculation has changed.
* The damage of all skills has been adjusted based on the new damage calculation.
* The numeric values and Master Level of some skills have been changed.
* The performance and effect of some skills have been adjusted.
* Upper Stab was moved to 3rd job.
* Owl Spirit’s damage buff now functions with all attack skills.
* Chains of Hell was moved to 3+ job. All of its attacks are now Critical attacks. When it is used while not in Dark Sight, it now automatically activates Dark Sight then initiates the attack.
* Flash Bang’s Master Level has been reduced to 5.
* Flash Jump’s Master Level has been reduced to 15.
* Advanced Dark Sight now grants a chance for Dark Sight to be enabled when attacking or being attacked. The damage dealt when attacking while in Dark Sight has increased. Its Master Level has been reduced to 10.
* Final Cut now has a chance to inflict Instant Death. Its damage buff has been changed and it functions with all attack skills. Its HP consumption has been reduced.
* Thorns is now a personal buff instead of a party buff. It increases Weapon ATT and grants Knock-back resistance.
* Life Drain is a new 3+ job skill. It’s a passive skill that gives you a chance to steal some of an enemy’s health to restore your own. Master Level: 10
* Phantom Blow is a new 4th job skill. It deals multiple attacks to one enemy and ignores a portion of the enemy’s defense. Master Level: 30.
* Sharpness is a new 4th job skill. It’s a passive skill that increases your Critical hit rate and minimum Critical damage. Master Level: 10
* Blade Fury is a new 4th job skill. It attacks multiple enemies nearby, 3 times each. It replaces Sudden Raid, and any SP that were in Sudden Raid will now be in Blade Fury. Master Level: 30
* Citizen: Potion Mastery’s recovery rate has been reduced to 115%.
* The MP cost has increased for the majority of active skills.
* Dark Aura, Blue Aura, Yellow Aura, and the Advanced versions of each have had their range increased.
* Teleport has increased range at Master level.
* Dark Shock’s attack speed has increased. The delay after using it has been decreased. Its Critical rate has been increased.
* Summon Reaper Buff’s attack power and duration have been increased.
* Finishing Blow’s damage has been increased.
* Jaguar Rider’s Movement Speed bonus at Master level has been reduced to +40.
* Jaguar Boost’s Knock-back resistance at Master level has been reduced to 55%. Its Movement Speed bonus at Master level has been reduced to +15.
* Jaguar-oshi’s damage buff power and duration have been decreased.
* Swipe’s damage has been increased and it can now hit 6 enemies.
* Dash ‘n Slash’s damage has been increased.
* Feline Berserk’s Movement Speed bonus at Master level has been reduced to +15.
* Sonic Roar’s damage and range have been increased.
* Wild Arrow Blast’s damage has been increased.
* Wild Instinct’s dodge chance at Mastery level has been reduced.
* Mech: Prototype’s Weapon DEF and Magic DEF bonuses have been reduced.
* ME-07 Drillhands’ damage and range have been reduced. A delay has been added before this skill can be used again.
* Atomic Hammer’s range and DEF Ignored value have been decreased. Its MP cost has been increased.
* Rocket Booster’s landing damage has been decreased.
* Perfect Armor’s guard rate has been decreased.
* Rock n’ Shock’s damage has been decreased. Its cooldown time and duration have been increased.
* Healing Robot H-LX’s duration and recovery amount have been increased. Its cooldown time has been decreased.
* Satellite’s damage has been increased.
* Acceleration Bot EX-7 – the amount that enemy defense is lowered has been decreased.
* Extreme Mech’s attack bonus has been decreased.
* Mech: Missile Tank’s damage and Critical rate have been decreased. Each attack now costs MP.
* Satellite Safety – an issue has been resolved so its damage can increase normally.
* Bots ‘n Tots’ cooldown has been increased. Its summon duration has been decreased.
Explorers & Cygnus Knights
* Most buffs and passive skills that grant defense, accuracy, and/or avoidability have had these stats increased.
* Magician-type characters have had a general increase to their skill damage.
Ultimate Explorer / Explorer Cygnus Skills
* Warrior: Mihile’s Soul Driver’s capabilities have been modified to be similar to Dawn Warriors’ Soul Driver based on the latter’s Master level.
* Magician: Oz’s Flame Gear’s capabilities have been modified to be similar to Blaze Wizards’ Flame Gear based on the latter’s Master level.
* Bowman: Irena’s Wind Piercing’s capabilities have been modified to be similar to Wind Archers’ Wind Piercing based on the latter’s Master level.
* Thief: Eckhart’s Vampire’s capabilities have been modified to be similar to Night Walkers’ Vampire based on the latter’s Master level.
* Pirate: Hawkeye’s Shark Wave’s capabilities have been modified to be similar to Thunder Breakers’ Shark Wave based on the latter’s Master level.
* Hero: Intrepid Slash’s damage has been increased.
* White Knight: Charged Blow’s damage has been increased.
* Dark Knight: Dragon Fury’s damage has been increased.
* Dark Knight: Dragon Buster’s damage has been increased.
* 4th job: Rush’s range has been increased.
* 2nd job: MP Eater’s activation rate and the amount it absorbs have been modified.
* Mage (Ice/Lighting): Ice Strike now hits enemies 4 times. It has a new skill graphic and a new animation.
* 4th job: Big Bang no longer charges when your character enters a flinched state after receiving damage.
* Ranger: Arrow Rain’s range has been modified. It has a new skill graphic and a new animation.
* Bowmaster: Hurricane’s damage has been increased.
* Bowmaster: Dragon’s Breath’s damage has been increased.
* Sniper: Arrow Eruption’s range has been modified. It has a new skill graphic and a new animation.
* Marksman: Ultimate Strafe’s damage has been increased. The color of Strafe now changes when SP are applied to Ultimate Strafe.
* Marksman: Dragon’s Breath’s damage has been increased.
* Marksman: Piercing no longer charges when your character enters a flinched state after receiving damage.
* Marksman: Snipe now has a chance to instantly kill normal enemies. It now performs 4 attacks against boss enemies.
* Shadower: Band of Thieves’ damage has been increased.
* Shadower: Assassinate’s damage has been increased. When using this skill while not in Dark Sight, it now automatically activates Dark Sight then activates Assassinate.
* Shadower: Boomerang Step’s damage has been increased.
* Shadower: Boomerang Step’s damage and effect below 3rd level have been increased.
* Night Lord: Triple Throw’s damage formula has been changed to be similar to the damage formula common for most skill. Its skill damage has been increased.
* Brawler: Double Uppercut’s damage and range have been increased.
* Marauder: Shockwave’s damage has been increased.
* Marauder: Energy Blast’s damage and range have been increased.
* Buccaneer: Energy Orb’s damage has been increased.
* Buccaneer: Dragon Strike’s damage has been increased.
* Buccaneer: Demolition’s damage has been increased.
* Buccaneer: Barrage’s damage has been increased.
* Buccaneer: Snatch’s range has been increased.
* Corsair: Rapid Fire’s damage has been increased.
* Corsair: Bullseye’s damage has been increased.
* Corsair: Battleship’s durability and cooldown have been removed.
* Soul Driver’s damage and range have been reduced.
* Dawn Warrior: Brandish and Soul Driver have had the ways in which they are obtained reversed. Brandish is now automatically received at the 3rd job advancement, and Soul Driver is obtainable upon completing a [Skill] quest available at Lv.100.
* Hurricane’s damage has been increased.
* Wind Archer: Wind Piercing’s damage has been increased.
* Wind Archer: Wind Shot’s damage has been increased.
* Poison Bomb’s damage has been increased.
* Night Walker: Triple Throw damage has been increased.
* Shockwave’s damage has been increased.
* Thunder Breaker: Energy Burst’s damage has been increased.
* Thunder Breaker: Barrage’s damage has been increased.
Credits go to :http://thearan.mrforum.net/t828-maplestorysea-chaos